The Face Shop Aura CC Cream Review


Finally and as promised! After nearly 3 weeks of every day use, I've come to review the Face Shop Aura CC Cream (:

The Face Shop Aura Color Control Cream is available in two shades. This I gotta say, is by far the best coverage CC Cream I've used and has a really cool packaging! You wouldn’t think of a cream base being packaged in a compact would you, but that’s exactly how innovative this CC Cream is (:





PACKAGING
As you can see, the CC Cream comes in a compact packaging where you would press down to dispense the right amount of product you want! Pretty cool eh? (: It also comes with a puff and the product comes in a really cute plastic pale pink case with a mirror on the cap and is easy for a quick application and on-the-go touch ups.

PRODUCT
This CC Cream has a nice creamy texture, not too think or to thick on the skin. As this comes witha sponge, you can apply it with that or simply use your fingers. I personally use my fingers for most liquid products such as BB Creams or foundations as the warmth of your hands help melt the product for more adhesion and a more flawless application (:

The Face Shop promises anti-aging benefits as well as brightening the skin. It also comes with SPF 30 so it's a definite plus with the extra sun protection! In terms of the finish this product gives, it leaves a semi-matte finish and another great thing is that this formula is designed to not oxidise on the skin so that your skin doesn't become darker or ashy during the day.

Because this product is named Aura, it definitely gives you a nice radiance to the skin - not shimmer or shine, but just a healthier look to the skin. Think your skin, but healthier (: I get about 4 hours or so in wear with this CC Cream before I need to touch up my oily areas and 6 hours with primer or a powder to set it. I think this CC Cream is advertised to last 12 hours, but I think that's for those people with normal skin or dry skin as this does slip on my oilier areas.

I wear shade 02 Natural Beige which has a more yellow undertone. Coverage, as with all CC creams is less than that of BB Creams, so just a reminder, if you're looking for coverage, BB Cream is more for you. But as for this product, it is buildable to a medium coverage, so you can conceal minor skin issues and as you can see below, the finish is lovely and looks so natural (:



 Have you tried any CC Creams? If not, are you interested? Let me know!

For other CC Cream reviews click here!

Jocelyn xx

Follow me on:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/after5ve
- Instagram: http://www.instagram/com/after5ve
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/after5ve

Follow on Bloglovin 
She Said Beauty

21 comments :

  1. I like BB creams, so I should like CC creams as well, but I wish they'd invent one with more coverage.
    My international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea. The only thing about CC Creams is that it's more geared towards skincare rather than coverage which is why you won't find one with a good enough coverage as a BB cream.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I was really interested in cc creams because I thought they would solve the issue of having to find a bb cream that would match my skin tone (most are too light for me and aren't yellow toned enough). But on your swatch, it looks reallly really light, and you said it doesn't oxidise, does that mean that it won't suit skintones of around NC 30? (I haven't been matched, but i'm guessing i'm around this skin tone) or would it still be okay if i applied a very sheer coverage (which is what i do now with my bb cream, to even out my skin tone)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I feel that this CC Cream would fit someone more of a NC20 skin tone. I'm not sure how you normally work the lighter BB Creams into your skin, but if you have trouble with those, you might struggle with this CC Cream too (though the choice is up to you whether you want to take the risk!). Although, I can suggest you look at my review on the Mizon CC Cream (link below). That is a white cream that has colour matching particles that do better at matching your skin tone and is also sheer in coverage so even if you go wrong, it's sheer enough for you to even out skin tone or apply foundation or something with coverage over it (:
      Link here!
      http://after-5ve.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/cc-cream-review-mizon-cc-cream.html

      Hope this helped, if you've got any other questions, keep firing away (:

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the help! I'm very limited in regards to asian cosmetics, because I'm not allowed to purchase online, and there are only The Face Shop and Missha in Sydney. I'll just stick to bb creams then, might try Missha's perfect cover range because it seems to cater to more skintones than others. Again, thanks for the help :)

      Delete
    3. No problem! Have you not tried the Missha Perfect Cover? It's my favourite BB Cream (: And yes it's got darker shades too so definitely check it out! My flat mate has gorgeous Indian skin tone and she found a perfect match for her skin (:

      Delete
    4. I haven't! it was because when I bought my current one, I was looking for light, natural-looking coverage for sensitive skin, and the assistant recommended the M signature complete straight away, in shade 23. I tried it on my hand and jawline instore, and it looked alright (in the really dodgy lighting lol) so I got that one. I remember when I wore it the first few times, I didn't even stop to check if it suited my skin tone. One day I stood back from the mirror and realised my face was tad pinker and lighter than my neck haha. Now I use it quite sparingly,just a few dots here and there, patted out with my palms, and on discolorations. Wow, that is a big range! I'll definitely check it out soon :)

      Delete
  3. Hiya, I just went through all your CC cream reviews and was wondering if you have a favourite. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo... I'm torn between Hera and The Face Shop =P Please don't let me pick one haha

      Delete
  4. Hi! I wanna ask if the Hera or faceshop one is heavier? Cos I'd prefer something that feels lighter on the skin and looks more natural, without being too concerned about the coverage. Of cos if its a plus if it is both light and has coverage. If not I'd usually go back to bb if I want a higher coverage for the day. Thanks in advance! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I would honestly have to say that they both have similar textures, and I love them both haha. But if you're looking for something that fits both texture and coverage, then the Face Shop CC Cream would be better for you as it's slightly got more coverage than the Hera CC Cream despite the fact that they've got similar textures (: I hope this helps! Oh! and plus, the Face Shop is quite a bit cheaper than Hera (;

      Delete
    2. Oh! I also forgot to tell you that I'll be doing a review on the Tony Moly CC Cream soon, and that has a lighter consistency than the Face Shop and Hera so you might wanna hold back on buying before that post comes out (:

      Delete
  5. I just purchased the CC Cream, but in bottle form, and I have to say, I love it. I haven't tried a BB Cream yet, but I think the CC Cream does a great job at evening out the skin and hiding minor blemish marks. I'm interested in picking up a BB Cream for the winter/special occasions where I'll need more coverage. If you've every tried a BB Cream, which one would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You can take a read of my Top 5 BB Creams on a guest blog post I did for an online store here (: http://www.kcbeautique.com/top-5-bb-creams-after-5ve/

      If you want a BB + CC Cream in one, you can also try the Missha CC BB Cream which I also made a blog post of here: http://after-5ve.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/bb-cc-cream-in-one-missha-complexion.html

      Delete
  6. hi, thank you for the helpful review. I have trouble skin and very sensitive with any skin care products and especially make up products. I have been using TFS oil free bb creamfor a while but after watching ibuybeauti i couldnt help but wanting to buy a cc cream. I thought its lighter so it would be better for my skin? And the face shop is in Hurstville, Sydney (perfect) just wonder how much is the price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it for around £12 on ebay (:

      Delete
  7. I've used this product recently, about 4 times a week~
    but I wear colour 01 which makes my skin looks brighter~
    I'm so happy!!

    In the past, I usually applied bb cream, concealor and powder foundation(or two way cake)~
    Now I use cc cream instead of bb cream, my face looks better even though the coverage is a bit worse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, there! I just bought this great CC cream recently and right now is reading reviews on it. Maybe it's not available in your area but here In Malaysia, TheFaceShop is selling the third shade which is the darkest shade, Medium Beige. Only a slightly darker than Natural Beige though. Still, it matches my skin tone perfectly.
    I have a question if you don't mind. How did you apply the cream? Using the enclosed puff applicator or you're using foundation brush? Cause I have some friends who said when they used the puff, the cream got absorbed and only a little patted on the face.
    Thanks for sharing! Followed you on GFC and Bloglovin!
    Oh, do drop by my new blog. I'm a newbie so feel free drop encouraging comments!
    xx, Mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mira! Thanks for dropping by and supporting ^^

      I basically used my fingers tbh. The warmth of the hands really help melt the product and increase adhesion to the skin which makes the finished look a lot more natural and flawless (: I never use a puff to apply my makeup because they get dirty so quickly and I can't be bothered to clean them so often =P

      Loving your blog btw! Followed you on bloglovin' (:

      Delete
  9. Hi, I'm about nc 25. And I want to look slightly brighter, which color do u suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really depends on what skin tone you have (: if you've got a yellow undertone, then 02 would be best for you, if you're pink undertoned, then 01 (:

      Delete